June 15, 2021
To: All Members, Softball BC
We are very excited about the progress made and the opening up of softball opportunities announced for BC
Step Two of the provincial restart plan takes effect today, which means, effective immediately:
– Teams and members of teams registered with Softball BC may travel anywhere in the province to take part in softball activities, including games, practices and tournaments
– Indoor activities, such as training, and development can resume with no restrictions on physical distancing or masks when engaged in the activity
– Spectators can again attend games, with a provincially mandated maximum of 50 spectators at a softball diamond
– Equipment, including balls and bats can be shared without having to be sanitized between use
– Indoor meetings and clinics can resume, to a maximum of 50 participants
We remind our member clubs and leagues that it is important to work with your local government or facility owner to ensure you are complying with their guidelines, we recognize that not all municipalities will move forward at the same speed. As well, we remind everyone that individual participants may need time to adopt all the changes which are in place. Umpires, players, coaches and parents may want to move at a slower pace, and we encourage respect for all participants to follow protocols which they feel comfortable with.
Attached is our return to play plans following step two, this includes protocols to be followed for outdoor and indoor activities.
This plan may be modified at any time, based on the provincial health order and ViaSport direction.
Executive Director, Softball BC