Rep Tryout Information
What is Rep Fastpitch?
- Rep in the name of the A & B divisions within Softball BC’s minor program.
- A is the top division with the top players within their area. It usually has a greater time commitment than B.
- B is the 2nd division and consists of the next level of players.
- Rep is for players that are looking to increase their skills, looking for more of a challenge and be more competitive than in House
What is the commitment level?
- In the off-season (October-March)
- This depends on the coaches’ expectations but generally:
a) 2 team practices per week
b) 1 pitching/catching per week
- During the season
- Games twice a week with possible practice on the weekends
- Teams may also participate in roughly 4+ tournaments a season
What is the cost?
- Each team will have a team budget
- B and younger teams: ~ $1200-2000/ player
- A (older): ~$4000-5000/ player
- These fees would include most team expenses including tournament entry fees, travel for non-parent coaches, misc team expense
- The team budget can be paid for via parent contributions, fundraising or a combination of both.
- Most teams decide how they want to come up with the money as a group
RMMSA Rep Fee Breakdown
*subject to change depending on costs each season*
|Division||Birth Year||Rate||Field Fee||Rep Fee||Total Fees|
|U13 A & B||2010/2011||$235||$15||$225||$475|
|U15 A & B||2008/2009||$250||$15||$225||$490|
|U17 A & B||2006/2007||$255||$15||$225||$495|
|U19 A & B||2004/2005||$255||$15||$225||$495|
How far do Rep teams travel?
- Rep teams play their league games all over the Lower Mainland from Chilliwack to North Vancouver
- Many tournaments are hosted locally but our A teams do travel to the US and our B teams will play in the Interior, the Island and at times in the US; mainly Seattle area
When are Try-Outs Held?
- Open try-outs are held in the first week of September every year for our A & B teams. These are announced in late July/early August. These tryouts are for teams that will compete in the following Spring season.
|September 5||September 6||September 7||September 8|
|5:00 to 7:00 PM||5:00 to 7:00 PM||5:00 to 7:00 PM||5:00 to 7:00 PM|
|7:00 to 9:00 PM||7:00 to 9:00 PM||7:00 to 9:00 PM||7:00 to 9:00 PM|
Who can attend Try-Outs?
- Anyone can attend the A & B try-outs.
How do I sign up for Try-Outs?
- Please register via the RMMSA website. https://www.rmmsa.com/reptryouts/
What do Try-Outs look like?
- There will be 2, 2 hour sessions and the expectation is that you attend both sessions, unless told otherwise.
- Occasionally, the B teams might have to have an extra try-out if they are unable to make their decisions at the end of the 2nd try-out
- Usually, it will be a series of stations with players showing coaches their throwing, running, hitting, pitching, catching and fielding
- Players will wear numbers and will be expected to run through the stations without parent involvement
What happens after the try-out sessions?
- If there is an A team in your age group the A coach will make their selection first. You will be notified by either the A or B coach whether you have made or did not make the team.
- If you did not make a Rep team you can choose to tryout for another team in another association or play within our House program but we encourage all players to try-out the following year.
Ridge Meadows Minor Softball Association acknowledges the Katzie First Nation and Kwantlen First Nation on whose traditional territories, our activities take place.